Tuesday, September 16, 2008

If The Big One Hits.....


I do love living in California. However, occasionally I worry about earthquakes. Not the earthquake itself, but the thought of being separated from my children and not being able to get to them. This assignment the twins brought home from kindergarten didn't help:

Dear Parents,
Should an earthquake occur during school, we feel it is important for each child to be prepared. Please fill the bag provided with the following:

*juice box
*crackers
*a family picture
*a personal note from you telling your child how much you
love them and to "think about happy times"
*a favorite (small) toy for them to hold

Needless to say, I now picture my twins rationing out their cracker and juice box, clinging to one another, staring at a picture of their mommy, clutching their favorite toy, trying to think about how much I love them. Surely, my note that reads "think about happy times" will see them through. Until we meet again, my sissies......

13 comments:

megan said...

Hi this is Megan (Katy's friend!) What a weird coincidence! Katy is so awesome- she is one of my best friends! She has asked if I know you as well- so nice to meet you too!! You have a beautiful family!!

Jane said...

Oh dear. . . Seriously though, kindergartners, a family photo and a note?

Dear sissies,

Think of Disneyland, see you in heaven.

Love,
Mom

Katie and Jeff said...

Aileen, I'm laughing at your description of your girls but it's a little scary too

Dawn said...

No Jane, your note should read:

Dear Sissies,

Think of Disneyland and the horrible disease that one of you caught while there.

Love you,
Mom

Katie said...

Dear Sissies,

Your father survived a massive brain tumor and a commuter train wreck. Surely you can get through this.

Love,
Mom

PS Think of the happy times

Susan said...

Aileen, you never fail to make me laugh!

Just remember--we all survived Aspen Cove and Foxwood. An earthquake is a piece of cake.

Alison said...

I think you should send an extra note... you know, for the kid whose mom never wrote the 'happy thoughts' note.

Becca said...

Umm.. how many kindergartners can actually read the note? How dramatic! What did you write??? :)

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

Yikes! Doesn't that make you want to lock your kids up in your house and never let them out!

Maryann said...

Here's an idea... maybe the note should have a meeting place of sorts, or a phone nuber of a famiy member out of state that they can call.


Nah... better just say goodbye!

Julie Knowlton said...

Dear Sissies,

Mom and dad are having a great time! Hope to see you soon.

Love,
Mom

jen said...

Hi Aileen! Dallin got your blog address from Richard. It is fun to see pictures of your kids. They are so cute and getting really big! I am glad you guys are enjoying California. I really miss it there!

Jen Leach

Kaye and Jared said...

Hey Brackens! This is Kaye Worthen (from Page) You have such a cute family!! It's fun to see what you guys are up to. We have a blog too if you want to be invited send me your email.