Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Who Knew?



Who knew that a fish could be so much fun? Richard and the kids caught a bluegill in a pond and put it in the fishtank. We soon found out that this fish would eat ANYTHING. Not only would it eat anything but it would leap straight out of the fish tank and grab it from your hand. The fun, however, was in the hunt. Each night Richard and the kids would get their flashlights and hunts for bugs, then hurry in to watch Buster do his thing. Last night Buster leaped out of his tank, and I, even I, (the anti-pet mom) am sad. RIP, Buster!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

So sorry Buster! It sounds like it was good while it lasted. Someday when we stop having babies, we'll move on to pets!

Katie said...

I would really have appreciated it if you could have waited to tell me this in person. A blog just is no way to receive such news...

Maybe for the funeral, you could borrow your neighbor's Los Lonely Boys CD.

Alison said...

I am another anti-pet mom, and I am sorry to hear of your loss. I will never forget the sorrow when we lost our our one and only pet... his/her name was Charlie. He/She was a charlie bug. Tragic.

Jane said...

Entertaining? That would scare the hell out of me if a fish jumped up and ate out of my hand.

Carrigan Clan said...

So...was the fish on crack?!